Following on from the success of last year’s 'Game of Code' hackathon, Digital Lëtzebuerg is proud to support the second edition of the event. Digital Lëtzebuerg will launch a new Open Data Challenge and is looking forward to your innovative ideas.
Quality of life is a defining measure of the overall success of countries, and Luxembourg already scores very highly in common benchmarks (see Economist, OECD* … ), making Luxembourg a great place to live and work. In an uncertain and globalized world, challenges emerge of how to remain and improve on such a high standard in the future! What does quality of life even mean in the future, what does it entail?
Challenge participants are expected to make use of the data contained in the Open Data Portal of Luxembourg (http://data.public.lu), sponsored by the “Digital Lëtzebuerg” initiative. The best projects published as a reuse on the portal may get the opportunity to pitch to the Open Data Portal team for the development of their proof of concept into a finished product.
Show us how you will use, remix and combine Open Data to create new, intelligent, and user focused apps and services that can:
- Support and promote social connections and civic engagement of citizens.
- Help to find a suitable job and to improve one’s work-life balance.
- Inform and reassure citizens about their personal security.
- Improve citizens’ subjective well-being and health status.
- Inform citizens about environmental quality at their homes or work place.
- Find the optimal means of transport.